Every textbook stresses the need for effective engagement in organisational change. It certainly involves more than merely "communicating the message" in what is often a directive and even patronising way. Where issues are complex, stakes high or baggage troublesome, it is often sensible for the parties to go further and engage a joint resource – advisor, coach and facilitator whose job is not to give partisan advice but to promote the prospects of an agreed pathway and mutually beneficial outcome. A skilled facilitator can take the parties where they cannot go in unmediated exchanges.
CoSolve helps employers to recognize and then obtain that elusive “best case” outcome by genuinely engaging with its workforce over sustainable change.
With sensible frameworks for discussion, trust can be built and parties can deliberate their way robustly and imaginatively to effective solutions.
Typically, two areas of need or opportunity arise:
- where organisations must make significant or urgent change but are burdened by vexed workplace histories or must overcome daunting and complex challenges; and
- where organisations are seeking to establish a real competitive advantage by releasing the passion, creativity and talents of their already supportive workforce.
How do we help?
- assists the parties clarify and communicate their needs, goals and interests
- helps establish processes for effective consultation and issues resolution
- helps the supporting research and data keeping effort
- trains participants in problem-solving skills and coaches them in new styles of leadership roles
- trouble-shoots specific issues as the arise
- supports the wider rollout and cultural anchoring of the change, including ongoing advise, coaching and other intermediary services